Today in this article, I’ll show you how to prepare Sweet Potato Hash. So, if you are interested in knowing about it, then keep reading this article.
Ingredients To Make Sweet Potato Hash
To make the Sweet Potato Hash, the ingredients which are required in this Sweet Potato Hash recipe are the following which are shown below:
- ½ tiny red onion, chopped & 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 stemmed, seeded, and sliced poblano pepper
- 2 finely sliced garlic cloves
- 1 sweet potato, sliced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 stemmed and torn lacinato kale leaves
- four huge eggs
- 1 sliced avocado
- Optional garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
- Serve with hot sauce
- Squeezing lime wedges
- Black pepper, freshly ground, with sea salt
Instructions To Prepare Sweet Potato Hash
To prepare the Sweet Potato Hash, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the Sweet Potato Hash and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- In a large covered pan, heat the 2 teaspoons avocado oil over medium heat. Cook, stirring regularly, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion, poblano, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt are softened. Set aside after removing from the pan.
- After that, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in a pan. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender, with the sweet potatoes and ¼ tsp sea salt, stirring regularly. Return the sautéed vegetables to the pan, followed by the chili powder and kale.
- Make four small wells in the hash and break the eggs into them. Cook it for approximately 3 to 5 minutes, or until the eggs are just set, over the medium-low heat. Season to taste with salt & with the pepper.
- Garnish with the avocado slices and cilantro, if using. Serve with spicy sauce and slices of lime for squeezing.
Recipe Suggestions for Sweet Potato Hash
- When adding the eggs, cover the pan. The cover (or whatever you use as a lid—a big baking sheet, for example) traps steam in the pan, frying the eggs from all sides rather than just the bottom. It also aids in the tenderness of the sweet potatoes throughout.
- Alter the vegetables. Don’t have these specific vegetables on hand? That’s fine! Feel free to substitute what you have. Substitute the poblano with red bell peppers, omit the greens, or replace it with shredded Brussels sprouts. You may also use white potatoes instead of sweet potatoes, or a combination of the two. Fresh corn kernels and florets of cauliflower or broccoli would also be wonderful additions. Let me know what you come up with!
- Veganize it. Instead of eggs, add 1 cup cooked black beans to the hash. Season to taste and top with avocado slices. Smoky vegan bacon would also be a great addition!
- Get a head start. This dish isn’t fast enough to cook on a standard weekday morning, but you can meal prep it to make it go faster! Make the vegetable combination ahead of time. After adding the chili powder and kale to the pan, divide the hash into airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, warm the vegetables on the stove or in the microwave and top with a fried egg.
Conclusion (Sweet Potato Hash)
So, this is all about “Sweet Potato Hash” from our side. And we hope that you understand and like this article. Please share your ideas and recommendations in the comments section below!
Thank you for your precious time!