Today in this recipe, I’ll show you how to prepare roasted rainbow carrots or you can say that you will know the great recipe to make roasted rainbow carrots, today.
This dish for roasted rainbow carrots lives up to its name. Seriously, how often do you see white, yellow, orange, purple, pink, and green in the same dish?! Always, but particularly in the autumn and winter, I try to include as much color into my meals as possible. Rainbow carrots make it simple!
Aside from the colors, my favorite part of this dish is that it utilizes both the carrot tops and the carrots themselves. While the roots roast in the oven, becoming soft and caramelized, I create a quick “gremolata” with parsley, orange zest, cumin, and garlic. The gremolata, sprinkled over the roasted rainbow carrots shortly before serving, lends a fresh, zesty zing to the final meal. For a bright, juicy burst, I sprinkle it with creamy tahini sauce and pomegranate seeds.
The pomegranates and orange zest provide a festive touch to this recipe, making it an ideal holiday side dish. However, it’s really simple, so if you happen to have some rainbow carrots in your fridge on a typical weekday, there’s no reason you shouldn’t try it. I really hope you like it as much as I do!
To make the roasted rainbow carrots, the ingredients which are required in this roasted rainbow carrots recipe are the following which are shown below:
- 1 pound rainbow carrots, trimmed
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- Black pepper, freshly ground, with sea salt
- ½ recipe Tahini Dressing
- Arils of pomegranate, for garnish
- Gremolata on top of carrots
- ¼ cup carrot tops, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 grated tiny garlic clove
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, coarsely pounded with a mortar and pestle
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
To make the roasted rainbow carrots, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the roasted rainbow carrots and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and wipe dry the carrots and their tops. Remove the carrot tops and put aside for the gremolata.
- Place the carrots whole on a baking pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and evenly distribute on the baking sheet. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and browned around the edges.
- In the meanwhile, make the gremolata: Cut the carrot tops into ¼ cup pieces. Save the carrot tops for another purpose, such as making homemade vegetable broth.
- In a medium basin, combine ¼ cup chopped carrot tops, parsley, garlic, orange zest, cumin seeds, and salt. To blend, stir everything together.
- While the rainbow carrots are still warm from the oven, toss them with the gremolata. Transfer to a serving tray and top with pomegranate arils and tahini sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
How to Cook and Serve Rainbow Carrots
These roasted rainbow carrots would make an excellent side dish for a holiday meal. They go well with traditional sides like mashed potatoes, stuffing, roasted Brussels sprouts, and green beans. Check out these 20 salads or these 50 side dishes for extra Thanksgiving or Christmas menu inspiration!
But don’t worry if you’re not preparing a holiday dinner! This is also a terrific recipe for a daily side dish. Serve it with creamy mushroom polenta, cauliflower spaghetti, or potato leek soup for a hearty autumn or winter feast. Make carrots into a dinner on their own. Serve atop a bed of cooked farro with crispy roasted chickpeas for plant-based protein. Enjoy!
This dish is best the day it is prepared, but leftovers may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. The tahini sauce may be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you have any leftover, try spreading it over roasted vegetables, salads, grain bowls, or falafel.
Conclusion (Roasted Rainbow Carrots Recipe)
So, this is all about “Roasted Rainbow Carrots Recipe” from our side. And we hope that you understand and like the Recipe. Please share your ideas and recommendations in the comments section below!
Thank you for your precious time!