In today’s article, I’ll show you how to make baked macaroni and cheese or you can say that you will know the great recipe of how to make baked macaroni and cheese, today.
If your family is anything like ours, you’ll love this baked macaroni and cheese dish. Jack can’t get enough of it, I keep coming back for more, and our son has been begging for “MAC!” or “Macaroni” since he sampled it for the first time. It’s creamy and cheesy, with gooey noodles and crunchy, toasted breadcrumbs. Comfort food doesn’t get much better than this.
I’ve been meaning to post a baked macaroni and cheese dish on the blog for quite some time. I hope you enjoy this meal on your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner this year. If not, we can verify that it makes an excellent daily supper. Enjoy!
To make the make baked macaroni and cheese, the ingredients which are required to make this recipe are the following which are shown below:
- 2 cups bread crumbs, coarse
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ¼ cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 pound elbow macaroni with cheese
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- ¼ cup regular flour
- 4 quarts whole milk
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 10 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 4 cups)
- 10 ounces grated Gruyère cheese (about 4 cups)
- black pepper, freshly ground
To make baked macaroni and cheese, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the baked macaroni and cheese and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
Are you ready to try this homemade mac and cheese recipe?
- Begin by making the breadcrumb topping and boiling the pasta. Set aside while you prepare the sauce.
- To begin, create a basic béchamel sauce, which is a traditional French sauce made from a roux and milk. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat to form the roux. Whisk the flour into the melted butter until the mixture becomes light brown. Pour in the milk slowly, whisking constantly.
- After that, add the spices. Whisk in the garlic, mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer while constantly whisking.
- Continue whisking until the cheddar and Gruyère cheeses are melted. Cook the sauce, whisking often, over medium-low heat until it thickens slightly, approximately 6 to 8 minutes. You’ll end up with the creamy, cheesy delectableness seen above!!
- Stir the cooked macaroni into the cheese sauce to coat it.
- After that, assemble and bake. Place the cheesy noodles in an oiled baking tray and top with the breadcrumbs. Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes, or until the topping is crisp and the cheese is bubbling. Serve with a salad or roasted broccoli as a main course or as a crowd-pleasing side dish!
- This mac and cheese is best the day it’s cooked, but leftovers may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Warm them in the microwave or in a baking dish covered with aluminum foil in a 350°F oven.
Mac & Cheese Recipe Suggestions
- The pasta should be undercooked. Boil it for about a minute less than al dente, or until the noodles have a little bite. I usually cook them for 1 minute shorter than the time range specified on the packet. They’ll soften even more once combined with the cheese sauce. If you thoroughly cook the pasta from the beginning, it will be overly soft in the end.
- You must grate the cheese yourself. Pre-shredded cheese will not do! It’s usually covered with anti-caking chemicals, which prevents you from generating a smooth, creamy cheese sauce. Always grate your own cheese for the greatest baked macaroni and cheese.
- Whistle, whisker, whisker. If you look at the recipe below, you’ll see that I advise you to whisk almost constantly when making the cheese sauce. Whisking is essential for spreading the roux uniformly in the milk, resulting in a rich, creamy sauce free of lumps. It also keeps the sauce from burning on the bottom of the saucepan. Don’t let that sauce to cook alone!
- Start digging straight away. This baked macaroni and cheese has the creamiest texture straight out of the oven because the noodles absorb the cheese sauce as it rests. Allow your mac and cheese to cool for a few minutes before serving if you want it extra creamy.
Conclusion (How To Make Baked Macaroni And Cheese)
So, this is all about “How To Make Baked Macaroni And Cheese” from our side. And we hope that you understand and like the Recipe. Please share your ideas and recommendations in the comments section below!
Thank you for your precious time!