In today’s article, I’ll show you how to prepare apple pie filling or you can say that you will know the great recipe of how to make apple pie filling, today.
I knew I’d never fill an apple pie any other way after creating this apple pie filling recipe. The apples have the ideal texture—tender but not mushy—and are oozing with syrupy, cinnamon-spiced juices. If you’re creating an apple pie this autumn, I strongly suggest this filling.
Even if you’re not preparing a pie, I hope you’ll give this recipe a try. To be a great treat, this homemade apple pie filling does not need to be hidden beneath a flaky, buttery crust. The delicate, sweet-tart apples are delicious over ice cream or yogurt, in oatmeal, or as a treat on its own. To be honest, this filling is nothing more than fresh apples sautéed with brown sugar, toasty spices, and vanilla. What’s not to like about that?
To make the apple pie filling, the ingredients which are required to make this recipe are the following which are shown below:
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tbsp. Apple Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 4 pounds nice baking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
This apple pie filling recipe is really easy to prepare! To make the apple pie filling, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the apple pie filling and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- Prepare the apples first. They should be peeled, cored, and finely sliced.
- Then, in the bottom of a big saucepan, mix together the sugars, spices, and salt. Toss in the apples and lemon juice until the apples are well covered in the sugar and spices.
- Allow the apples to remain at room temperature for 30 minutes to extract some of their juices. After 15 minutes, I give them a thorough swirl to ensure they are equally coated in the sugars, spices, and liquids. While the apples are sitting, create a slurry with the cornstarch and water.
- Place the saucepan on the stove over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until the apples soften slightly. If you’re planning to use this apple pie filling in a pie, simply soften the apples somewhat; they should still have a bit of a bite. If you’re planning to consume the filling on its own or as an ice cream topping, you may cook the apples until they’re soft to your liking.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the cornstarch slurry. Cook, stirring constantly, until the apple juices thicken and boil. This will only take around 30 seconds!
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the lemon zest and vanilla essence. That’s all!
Using Apple Pie Filling
This quick apple pie filling may be served immediately
- as a topping for ice cream, waffles, pancakes, or French toast,
- over a bowl of yogurt with homemade granola,
- on chia pudding, oatmeal, or overnight oats,
- or on its own!
Allow the filling to cool fully before adding it to the pie crust if you’re preparing one. Fully chilling the filling keeps any butter in the pie crust cold until baking, resulting in a lighter, flakier crust. Spread the mixture out on a few of baking sheets or in a big baking dish to help it cool faster.
To speed up the pie-making process, prepare the filling up to 2 days ahead of time. It stays nicely in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Conclusion (How to Make Apple Pie Filling)
So, this is all about “How to Make Apple Pie Filling” from our side. And we hope that you understand and like the Recipe. Please share your ideas and recommendations in the comments section below!
Thank you for your precious time!