Today in this recipe, I’ll show you how to prepare an easy pie crust or you can say that you will know the great recipe to make easy pie crust, today.
Discover how to create the ideal flaky pie crust! This simple recipe is suitable for nearly any sort of pie. Here are a few pointers: Keep your ingredients cool by incorporating cold water and butter into the dough to prevent the butter from melting. Also, resist the urge to shorten the chilling time. Chilling the dough thoroughly is vital for constructing flawless pie crust. More advice may be found in the post above! This recipe yields one 9- or 9½-inch double-crust pie or two 9-inch single-crust pies.
To make the easy pie crust, the ingredients which are required in this easy pie crust recipe are the following which are shown below:
- 2⅔ cup all-purpose flour, measured and spooned
- a quarter teaspoon of sea salt
- 20 tbsp cold unsalted butter (2½ sticks) cut into ¼-inch pats
- 6 tbsp of cold water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, chilled
To make the easy pie crust, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the easy pie crust and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- Place 1⅔ cups of the flour and the salt in a food processor. To blend, pulse many times. Distribute the butter pats equally over the flour mixture. Pulse until the butter and flour are completely incorporated and the dough begins to form clumps. There should be no dry flour left.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the food processor bowl and top with the remaining 1 cup flour. Pulse briefly until the dough is crumbly.
- Pour the water and vinegar over the dough in a large mixing basin. Fold and push the dough together with a spatula until it forms a ball. Cut the ball in half, then shape each half into a 1-inch-thick disk. Wrap each disk securely in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- To roll out the dough, place 1 chilled dough disk on a lightly floured board. Dust the top with flour and spread it out into a huge circle about ⅛-inch thick using a rolling pin. If you flip the pie pan over the dough, the circle should be 1 inch bigger on both sides than the edge of the pie plate. To keep the dough from sticking to your work area, rotate it a quarter turn every few rolls. I also like to flour the top of the dough and turn it over a couple times while rolling it.
- Roll the rolled-out dough over the rolling pin and unroll it over the pie plate to transfer it to the pie plate. Press it firmly into the plate’s bottom and up the sides with your fingertips. Trim the dough’s borders to provide a ½-inch overhang on all sides of the pie pan. Wrap the dough loosely in plastic wrap and refrigerate while you spread out the top crust.
- Repeat with the leftover dough disk, spreading it out into a huge, ⅛-inch-thick circle.
- Assemble and bake the pie according to the directions.
Conclusion (Easy Pie Crust Recipe)
So, this is all about “Easy Pie Crust Recipe” from our side. And we hope that you understand and like the Recipe. Please share your ideas and recommendations in the comments section below!
Thank you for your precious time!