Today in this recipe, I’ll show you how to prepare apple pie or you can say that you will know the great recipe to make apple pie, today.
What qualities do you want in an apple pie recipe? When I initially offered to make a handmade apple pie for my family’s Thanksgiving a few years ago, I combed the internet for the right recipe. I wanted the filling to be juicy but not so much that it would prevent the pie from being sliced. I wanted it to be warmly warmed with cinnamon and tartly flavored with lemon. The finest apple pie recipe would give slices thick enough to withstand a generous scoop of ice cream, as well as a flaky, buttery, simple-to-make crust.
That year, I couldn’t locate an existing apple pie recipe that I believed would turn out perfectly, so I set out to create my own. Since then, I’ve meticulously tested and refined this recipe, and it’s now my favorite. A pile of soft apple slices fills a golden brown crust to the brim. I cooked it for a family reunion a few weeks ago, and we just had one piece left. Hopefully, you won’t have one as well.
To make the apple pie, the ingredients which are required in this apple pie recipe are the following which are shown below:
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tbsp. Apple Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 4 pounds nice baking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- a single recipe Chill the pie crust for at least 2 hours.
- 1 big egg
- Optional coarse sugar
- To serve, vanilla ice cream
To make the apple pie, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the apple pie and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- Whisk together the brown sugar, cane sugar, apple pie spice, and salt in a large saucepan. Toss in the apple slices and lemon juice until well covered in the sugar and spices. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the apples to release some of their juices.
- 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch, combined in a small bowl, until smooth.
- Heat the apples in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until the apples soften slightly. Increase the heat to medium and drizzle the cornstarch mixture over the apples. Cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds, or until the apple juices boil and thicken. Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest and vanilla extract. Allow the filling to totally cool.
- Make the bottom crust first. Roll out the bottom crust according to the pie crust recipe, allowing at least a ½-inch overhang on both sides of the pie pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Place a rack in the bottom third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F with the baking sheet inside and a baking sheet on the rack.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the top crust. Roll out the remaining pie dough into a huge, ⅛-inch-thick circle using the same manner. Transfer to a baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the bottom crust has cooled.
- Prepare the pie. In a small mixing dish, combine the egg and the remaining 1 tablespoon water. Place aside.
- Remove the bottom crust from the refrigerator and fill it with the chilled filling, gently mounding it in the middle of the pie. Roll the top crust gently over your rolling pin before unrolling it over the filled pie. Seal the extra dough from the top and bottom crusts, then cut the dough to leave a ½-inch overhang on the edges of the pie pan. Tuck the dough under itself so that the edge is parallel to the edge of the pie pan. Use your fingers or a fork to crimp the dough.
- Brush the top crust with the egg wash (but not the crimped edges) and sprinkle with coarse sugar, if using. Cut many steam vents in the crust with a sharp knife.
- Place the pie in the oven on a heated baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, then decrease to 375°F and continue baking for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and any visible juices are bubbling. Check the color of the pie’s sides if you have a glass pie pan. They should be golden brown as well. If the crust begins to brown too quickly before 45 minutes, cover it with foil and continue baking.
- Allow at least 3 hours to cool fully before slicing and serving.
- With vanilla ice cream, serve.
*If you use a 9-inch pie plate, you could have a little extra apple pie filling. It’s delicious as a topping for ice cream or yogurt, or mixed into oatmeal!
Conclusion (Apple Pie Recipe)
So, this is all about “Apple Pie Recipe” from our side. And we hope that you understand and like the Recipe. Please share your ideas and recommendations in the comments section below!
Thank you for your precious time!